- I posted my call for a roommate on Craigslist, and received a response within the hour! She sounds awesome, and I’m thrilled to report that I’m fairly sure things are going to work out between us.
- However, if things don’t work out, I have a pool of four other girls that responded over the course of the day! Huzzah!
- I got together with Lisa, a woman I’ve encountered in a number of contexts around New York but never really spent quality time with. No idea why–she’s so much fun to be around! Together, we walked the 7.2 miles to her friend Chris’ apartment in Astoria. She’s training for an Avon walk. I have no excuse. My new MBT shoes were ridiculously fun to walk in, but of course, as they were new, my feet are covered in blisters. Must adequately armor my feet until I break them in.
- At Chris’ place, we played a fantastically bizarre card game called Killer Bunnies and the Quest for the Magic Carrot. BRILLIANT. I need to get a deck and introduce all my friends to the game!
- Before leaving, we played a few rounds of Rock Band. I’m pleased to say that I was not a complete disgrace my first time playing! A splendid time was had by all.
- I had an amazingly vivid dream, in which I “died” and was revived two years in the future. At some places in the dream, this took place as if I’d died in present day, but at others, I was a senior in high school. I navigated my usual haunts, noting things that had changed. One high school friend gave me a “Class of 2006” equivalent of our “Class of 2003” shirt to commemorate the two years I was dead, which proves that my subconscious can’t do math.
Then, one of my coworkers asked me if I’d finished our characters for [Name of Client Censored, As I’m Not Sure How Much I Can Say In My Blog], and I realized that I hadn’t been dead at all–everyone had just been playing an elaborate practical joke on me. One coworker had programmed all the computer clocks to say 2010 (again, my subconscious can’t do math), and the exhaustion and confusion I felt were the result of them (harmlessly) drugging me.
There has to be a comic book in here somewhere.
- I wore a different pair of new shoes to work today! I got a number of compliments on them.
- Boss held a meeting about how awesome we all are. I approve.
- Ko forgot to pick up her gerbils, so I get one more day or watching them scurry about in their cage, being adorable!
- Total Eclipse Of The Heart: Literal Version helped me get my mind off today’s sheer right-wing nutjob Worldsuck.