I’m about midway through writing my Big ConDFW reaction post, but as I’m going to be working crazy late all week, it may be a while before I’m ready to post it here. In the meantime, I’m scurrying to post the sample chapters Jim read aloud for the Butcher Block. While editing, I came upon the following conversation snippet:
Jim: Chapter 2!
Me: Wait, saving.
Jim: Ah. We see who’s really in control here!
Me: *dramatic evil laugh* Alright, go!
Attendee: …You did that scarily well.
Jim: Yeah, I think she’s got this hidden serial killer streak we’ll see one of these years. I’m looking forward to it.
Me: Well, if Bad Horse worked so long on his whinny…
Jim: Alright, chapter 2!
Fandom creative awesomeness mini-linkspam:
Oooh, Feather is running another Dresden Files ficathon, right in time for Halloween. Now I just have to figure out what to request!
Tealin doodles Doctor Horrible, and it is love and win.
Aysha/Questionstar posts a quasi-tutorial of her amazing armor-making method. I wish my fandoms had characters with awesome armor, because desperately I want to experiment with some of these techniques.
Nerd Squee MiniSpam:
Amanda Palmer sings “I Google You”. Highly amusing! (Good lord, I hate it when people google me)
Deleted Iron Man scene
Alan Tudyk interviews Nathan Fillion
Hot library smut!
David Shuster pwns PUMA
Nifty Anti-McCain ad
And a meme!
Pick a fandom, and I’ll tell you which character(s) I would:
1. bake cupcakes for
2. trust with the keys to my car
3. put thumbtacks on their chair
4. have a crush on
5. pack up and leave if they moved next door
6. vote for President
7. pick as my partner in a buddy movie
8. pair up
9. vote off the island and into the volcano
10. wheedle into fixing my MP3 player
Last night, I dreamed that I was cast for the role of Winthrop (from the Music Man–an eight-year-old redhead boy with a lisp) for the Colbert Report, and I had to decide it it was worth quitting my job. To make the decision, I returned to my high school photography class, where I was delighted to see that my professor would have given me an A+ if I had actually turned in the final assignment, but had deducted 30%, bringing my score to a 75 (yes, I know that math doesn’t make sense).
Very witty: Font Conference
Very horrible: Doctor Horrible, back on HULU for another week! Also, visit this website to get the
good bad anti-villainous doctor’s van remote on your iPhone!
Very athletic: the Hundred Push-Ups Project. I’m going to give it a shot!
Very animated: Princess and the Frog and Up teasers are here! EEEEE!!!
Very soulful: Neil Patrick Harris as a singing shoe fairy on Sesame Street (and I just had a flash of him playing Moist von Lipwig, even though he is unBritish. Y/Hell Y?)
Very evolved: Wolverine trailer!
Very hairy: Half-Blood Prince trailer! I have chills!
Twitter is being obnoxious, and LoudTwitter is temporarily disabled. Lame. Here’s the tweets that haven’t been posted over the last few days:
July 16, 2008:
- 21:04 Woooo, Project Runway is back! #
- 21:37 OH MY GOD MY NUVARING AD IS ON TV RIGHT NOW. I’M ACTUALLY SHAKING. #
- 23:07 Lookin’ at the guest list for Comic Con. Ray Bradbury is still alive? Color me embarrassed. #
- 23:08 OMG BRILLIANT! Doctor Who fans, watch this fanvid right now! The Master just can’t wait to be king: http://tinyurl.com/5o8mmy #
- 23:11 @mkcho73 Yup! My spot! Not a spot re-filmed in live action, MY ACTUAL 3D SPOT WITH MY CHARACTERS! MY PIXELS! PIXEEEEEEELS, PRECIOUS! PIXELS! #
July 17, 2008:
- 0:55 Doctor Horrible part 2 is love! How to win over Priscilla’s heart: compare people’s souls to pie. #
- 0:56 @mkcho73 Totally! It’s very flexible. #
- 1:19 “Singing is the universal language, along with being on fire.” –Joss Whedon #
July 18, 2008:
- 16:33 Huh. LoudTwitter hasn’t sent my tweets the past two days. #
- 23:15 T-45 minutes and counting for Doctor Horrible! I don’t want it to end! #
July 19, 2008:
- 0:24 …Okay, that was an enormous disappointment. #
0:25 To the fanfictionmobile! #
- 20:24 Woo, I smell like rubbing alcohol! Gotta love dyeing wigs. #
- 20:43 @fourteenacross Yup! San Diego Comic Con, woo! And by extension, also attending are Delirium, Maeve, and Molly Carpenter. #
- 20:43 @mkcho73 Try high heels. #
- 20:47 Just tweaked Facebook profile. I now have a PhD in Horribleness from the Evil University of Evil. I wonder how many people will follow? #
- 21:41 Just when I’d resigned myself to the fact that I need a new watch, old watch falls off a counter and breaks. Good motivation, life. #
July 21, 2008
- 21:32 @jimmyaquino Vous ne parlez pas le Francais? Quelle dommage! #
- 21:39 Jim approves of my Molly costume! Triumph! #
- 22:39 @mkcho73 The preppy retail equivalent of the White Album? #