I’ve been a Writer’s Assistant, an Office Ninja, a Producer, and a Social Media Maven, and I’ve worn a dozen other hats while I was at it. Oh, and I directed a couple kickass book trailers. There’s a reason I was nicknamed “Industriosa.” I’m looking to leverage my passion for great storytelling, tireless work ethic, and spooky resourcefulness into an assistant position in television development, producing, or literary representation.
You can download my one-page resume here, or check out the nigh-excruciatingly detailed CV below.
FREELANCE DIRECTOR & PRODUCER
- Wrote, Directed, Executive Produced, and created VFX for two book trailers for #1 NYT bestselling Dresden Files series: Peace Talks & Battle Ground.
- Crafted schedules, budgets, & cost reports; hired crew; negotiated locations, rentals, and insurance; set & enforced safety protocols. Ran Kickstarter for Off Track and led social media campaign to win IndieWire’s Project of the Month.
- Honors: Audience Award: FilmOut San Diego and Women And Minorities in Media Festival (WAMMFest) for Tomorrow. Best Student Film: Desperado LGBT Film Festival for Tomorrow and Philly Student Film Festival for Zeyen & Nazia.
- Featured: io9, TOR.com, San Diego Comic Con, DragonCon, and Phoenix Comicon. Screened short films and webseries in festivals in 30+ cities on 6 continents.
ZH PRODUCTIONS / LA HANGAR STUDIOS
Production Coordinator & Office Manager / Sept 2017 – May 2019
- Conducted logistics, simultaneous multi-city travel accommodations, paperwork, and phones. Implemented/streamlined procedures.
- Handled accounts payable/receivable, invoicing, budgeting, payroll, research, purchasing.
- Assisted with experience design (including 3D modeling) and graphic design, updated website.
- For Candytopia: Designed and created content for newsletter, website, investor deck, infographics, and ad copy. Wrote safety guide and character scripts. Illustrated mural.
- Clients include HBO SXSWestworld, DC Comics @SDCC, Netflix Nailed It Holiday Village, Mortal Kombat 11 Launch, Happytime Murders, Facebook @Vidcon, NBC/World of Dance @VidCon, WB/Ready Player One @SXSW, Sony Lost in Music.
- Awards for HBO SXSWestworld: Cannes Golden Lion, Clio Awards for Branded Content and Branded Entertainment.
WRITER’S ASSISTANT AND CREATIVE CONSULTANT TO JIM BUTCHER
Assistant to multi-#1 NYT Bestselling Fantasy Author / April 2007 – Present
- Created “Year of Dresden” media campaign. Generated original content, ran contests, sourced fan art, created retrospectives, and more for every Tuesday of 2020.
- Co-runs official website, maintaining site contents and store. Administrated forum 2007-2017. Creates press materials for news blog and official news twitter.
- Ran NY ComicCon fan dinner: organized venue, ticketing, VIP guests, costume and trivia contests, prize donations, and themed food and drinks.
- Continuity edits novels, shorts, comics, and RPGs–over 5k pages to date.
- Thematic Consultant on The Dresden Files graphic novels, including 2009 Hugo-nominated Welcome to the Jungle and NYT Graphic Books #1 bestselling Storm Front. Published by Dabel Brothers (2007-2009), Dynamite Entertainment (2009-present). Vets all stages of comic creation, from artist selection and outline to print.
- Created extensive research dossiers used for TV adaptations.
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA – SCHOOL OF CINEMATIC ARTS
Interim Assistant Director of Physical Production / Jan 2016 – Apr 2016
Administrative Assistant / Jan 2015 – Dec 2015
- Co-Ran Office of Physical Production during Assistant Director’s leave of absence.
- Fielded calls, triaged walk-ins, processed paperwork, and ordered supplies. Supervised and delegated to student workers. Revised manuals for employee training and student safety.
- Advised students on production responsibilities, logistics, and safety, and held students accountable for professional behavior.
- Interfaced with government organizations, vendors, and all divisions of USC.
- Maintained tracking grid and documentation for advanced-level projects.
- Created location and vendor resource databases to better serve students’ needs.
INTERNSHIPS AT FEIGCO, BAD HAT HARRY, AND HEROES & VILLAINS
Development & Management Intern / Summer – Winter 2015
- Wrote coverage for 47 projects, performed industry research, evaluated potential clients, created and maintained talent grids.
- Identified, researched, and pitched works for adaptation.
- Covered Assistant desk. Maintained calendar, phone sheet, and contacts.
- Handled heavy call volume (incoming and outgoing) for five executives.
- Scheduled national and international travel on short notice.
- Maintained office and kitchen at a high standard. Greeted high-profile guests and provided hospitality.
- Ran errands and facilitated executives’ personal and professional needs.
FANTASY MAP ILLUSTRATOR
Illustrator / Penguin Random House, Del Rey, et al. / 2009 – Present
- Spoke at opening reception for Texas A&M’s “Worlds Imagined” collection. My presentation broke event attendance records for the library.
- Runs store for map prints, controlling quality, materials, web infrastructure, inventory, financials, and global shipping.
- “Map for Toys R Us Adventure” and “Map of Candytopia” for ZH Productions.
- “Map of Lowryland” for Seanan McGuire’s Tricks for Free (2018), InCryptids #7.
- “Map of the Westlands” for Seanan McGuire’s Once Broken Faith (2016), October Daye #10.
- “Habble Morning,” “Habble Landing” and “Predator Schematic” for Jim Butcher’s Cinder Spires #1: The Aeronaut’s Windlass (2015) Penguin Random House. #5 on NYT Bestseller List.
- Various Maps for Romance in the Air RPG (2015), Evil Hat Productions.
- Map for Harry Connolly’s The Great Way trilogy (2014), Radar Avenue Press.
- “Map of the Source” for Myke Cole’s Shadow Ops: Fortress Frontier (2013) and “Battlefield Map” for Breach Zone (2014), Penguin.
- Map of “Yggdrasil” for Kevin Hearne’s Trapped (2012), Iron Druid Chronicles #5, Del Rey.
- Map for Saladin Ahmed’s Throne of the Crescent Moon (2011).
- “The Realm of Alera and the Barbarian Lands” for Jim Butcher’s First Lord’s Fury (2009), from Penguin. #7 on NYT Bestseller list.
PERFORMER, SPEAKER, AND PERSONALITY
2001 – Present
- Guest Speaker
- The Science and Art of Infrared Photography, The Hockaday School (2021)
- Keynote Speaker at opening reception for Texas A&M’s “Worlds Imagined” collection. Event broke event attendance records for the library (2017).
- Virtual Q&A Host for Jim Butcher at San Diego Comic Con and Battle Ground book launch (2020).
- “The Dresden Files Trailer Cast and Crew Panel,” Virtual DragonCon (2020).
- Hockaday Alumnae in Technology and Science assembly, The Hockaday School (2012)
- “Lights, Camera, Internet? – The Life of Stories in Other Media.” and “ePublishing – Dealing with the Internet,” ConDFW (2009)
- Podcast Host: “The Butcher Block” and “Butcher ‘Spress” (2007-2009).
- Podcast Guest:
- 2020: The Dresden Files Podcast #100 “Priscellie!”
- 2017: Nerdarchy Live Chat #39 “Fantasy Maps and Cartography with Priscilla Spencer“
- 2016: The Worst Bestsellers ep 52 “Animorphs“
- 2016: Imaginary Worlds ep 50 “Fantasy Maps“
- 2014: Ask Me About My Draculas ep 15 “The Stupidest Angel“
- Voice Over Performer:
- Film Extra:
- Battle Ground book trailer (2020), Director Cameo
- Con Man episode 2×12 (2016), created by Alan Tudyk
- Jessica’s Lament (2016), created by Kitty Krell
- The Courtyard: A Documentary, created by Xing-Mai Deng.
- Model for “Check These Out,” 2013 Literary Pinup Calendar by Lee Moyer, benefitting Heifer International.
Character Technical Director / New York, NY / June 2007 – December 2011
- Designed, modeled, rigged, and textured 3D characters for ad previs. Specialized in celebrity resemblance.
- Liaised between departments, managed priorities, delegated tasks, and incorporated notes.
- Designed and scripted tools to assist character modelers in building new faces.
- Nominated for “Outstanding Commercial” Emmy on Coke “Finals” spot.
- Founder of “Books for Boobs,” a fundraising program for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. Raised over $12,000 and conquered two marathon-and-a-half events.
PUBLICATIONS & WEB
- Creative Consultant and Continuity Editor:
- 2013 to 2017: Creative Consultant: Dresden Files Accelerated RPG
- 2009 to Present: Continuity editor and beta reader for Jim Butcher’s novels and short stories, including The Dresden Files, The Codex Alera, and The Cinder Spires series.
- 2009 to Present: Thematic Consultant on The Dresden Files graphic novels, including 2009 Hugo-nominated Welcome to the Jungle and NYT Graphic Books #1 bestselling Storm Front. Published by Dabel Brothers (2007-2009), Dynamite Entertainment (2009-present). Vets all stages of comic creation, from artist selection and outline to print.
- 2007 to Present: Continuity Editor and “Secret Weapon” for The Dresden Files RPG: #1 Your Story, #2 Our World, and #3 The Paranet Papers, plus The Dresden Files Cooperative Card Game, all from Evil Hat Productions.
- Dresden Files Trailer Director:
- 2020: DragonCon Roundup: Battle Ground Trailer Revealed, Jim-Butcher.com
- 2020: The Dresden Files: Peace Talks Trailer Cast and Crew Panel, DragonCon TV
- 2020: Jim Butcher Releases Trailer for Next Dresden Files Novel: Battle Ground, TOR.com
- 2020: Twenty Years of Harry Dresden, San Diego Comic-Con@Home 2020
- 2020: Live Q&A with Jim Butcher and Priscilla Spencer, Jim-Butcher.com
- 2020: Jim Butcher Announces Surprise New Dresden Files Book: Battle Ground and More Details From Jim Butcher and Priscilla Spencer on the Dresden Files Short Film and Surprise Book Announcement, TOR.com
- 2020: Check Out Our Exclusive Peek at Jim Butcher’s New Dresden Files Entry, Peace Talks, io9/Gizmodo
- 2017: Real Maps, Unreal Places: The Maps of Imaginary Places Collection at Cushing Memorial Library & Archives, Journal of Cartographic Perspectives #84
- 2017: How We Got the Shot: Teamwork at Desert Queen Ranch in Joshua Tree NP, National Parks at Night Blog
- 2009 to Present: Fantasy Map Illustrator for the works of Jim Butcher, Seanan McGuire, Kevin Hearne, Myke Cole, Saladin Ahmed, Harry Connolly, and more. See above for greater detail.
- 2007 to Present: Content manager and forum moderator for Jim-Butcher.com
- 2011: Essay contributor, “Brand New Day,” for Whedonistas: The Worlds of Joss Whedon and the Women Who Love Them. 2011, Mad Norwegian Press.
- 2020: “Peace Talks” and “Battle Ground” book trailers — Director, Writer, Executive Producer, VFX Artist.
- 2016: “Jessica’s Lament” — Advisor, Assistant Director, Editor, VFX Artist, Featured Extra. Broke down director’s vision into shooting plan and schedule, ran the set, and edited the film. Starring Kitty Krell.
- 2015: “Into the Forest” — Co-Writer, Producer, Production Designer.
- 2015: “The KP Project” — Producer. Live-action Kim Possible concept trailer, dir. Kim Shelby.
- 2014: “The Ice Queen” web series — Writer, Director, Producer, Production Designer. Created in USC’s Webisodes class. 2 episodes, 8 min each.
- Official Selection: Phoenix Comicon 2015
- Official Selection: GeekFest Film Festival, Year 2: Atlantic City Boardwalk Con, Fan Expo Canada, Long Beach Comic Con, New York Comic Con, Long Beach Comic Expo, Whedonopolis Con.
- 2014: “Ashes” — Production Designer. Dir. James Kwon Lee.
- 2014: “Tomorrow” — Producer. USC Advanced Production: Fiction (546) class, dir. Leandro Tadashi. 12 min.
- Audience Award: FilmOut San Diego LGBT Film Festival 2015; San Diego, CA
- Audience Award: Women and Minorities in Media Film Festival; Towson, MD
- Best Student Film: Desperado LGBT Film Festival; Phoenix, AZ
- Finalist: VIII Edición del Pequeño Certamen de Cine de Ambiente; Seville, Spain
- USA: Santa Barbara LGBTQ Fim Festival; Seattle Lesbian & Gay Film Festival Northwest Film Forum; Tampa International Gay & Lesbian Film Festival; 25th Annual Fresno Reel Pride Gay & Lesbian Film Festival; Outfest Los Angeles; Queer Bits Summer Film Festival in Chicago, IL; Springfield LGBT Film Festival; 8th Annual Don Thompson LGBT Film Festival in Los Angeles, CA; Boston LGBT Film Festival;
- EUROPE: Zinegoak in Bilbao, Spain; Budapest Pride LMBTQ Filmfesztival in Budapest, Hungary; OMOVIES 7 Festival di Cinema Omosessuale e Questioning in Naples, Italy; MERLINKA International Queer Film Festival in Belgrade, Serbia; BFI Flare London LGBT Film Festival 2015; In The Palace International Short Film Festival, Bulgaria.
- SOUTH AMERICA: 22° Festival MixBrasil de Cultura da Diversidade in São Paolo, Brazil; OUTrageous! OutfestPerú 2015; Festival de Cine Universitario Intravenosa 2015 in Cali, Columbia; 2015 Curta o Gênero in Fortaleza, Brazil; Cinefestival – Festival Internacional de Cinema do Vale do Jaguaribe, Brazil; Rio Festival Gay De Cinema, Brazil.
- ASIA: Tel Aviv International LGBT Film Festival; 6th Kashish Mumbai International Queer Film Festival in Mumbai, India.
- AUSTRALIA: Melbourne Queer Film Festival 2015 in Melbourne, Australia.
- AFRICA: Durban Gay & Lesbian Film Festival, South Africa.
- 2013: “Off Track” — Producer. USC thesis, dir. J.P. Jacobsen. 12 min.
- Winner: Indiewire Project of the Month.
- 2013: “Caroline’s Unconventional Birthday Party Bash” — Associate Producer. USC thesis, dir. Roman Nesis. 12 min.
- 2013: “(Z)” — Production Designer. NYFA thesis, dir. Spyros Kopanitsas.
- Official Selection: Downtown Film Festival LA
- Official Selection: St. Albans Film Festival
- 2013: “Eugene” — Production Designer. NYFA thesis, dir. Catalina Hoyos-Restropo.
- 2013: “Terpsichore” — Producer, Editor. USC 508, dir. Mark Burwick. 6 min.
- 2013: “Monster Under the Bed” — Cinematographer, Production Designer, Puppet Construction, VFX Animator. USC 508, dir. Kim Shelby. 6 min.
- 2013: “Unfinished Business” — Writer, Director, Sound Designer, VFX Animator. USC 508. 6 min.
- 2012: “The Mind of Maxwell Hamer” — Writer, Director, Editor, Production Designer. USC 507. 5 min.
- 2012: “Popular Science” — Writer, Director, Producer, Cinematographer, Editor. USC 507. 5 min.
- 2006: “Zeyen and Nazia” — Co-Creator (specifically acting coach, script supervisor, credits animator). Penn, Cinema Productions class.
- Winner: Best Undergraduate Film, Greater Philadelphia Student Film Festival.
- Official Selection: Ivy League Film Festival
University of Pennsylvania
BSE in Digital Media Design with Film Studies Minor, Graduated May 2007.
University of Southern California
MFA in Film and TV Production, Graduated December 2015.
SOFTWARE & TOOLS
- Office: Microsoft Office Suite (incl. Word, Excel, and Outlook), Google Suite, QuickBooks, Zoom, Skype, Keynote.
- Visual Art: Adobe Creative Suite (incl. Photoshop, Lightroom CC, Acrobat, and InDesign), Autodesk Maya, MotionBuilder, Mudbox, Sketchup.
- Film: Final Draft, Movie Magic Screenwriter, Movie Magic Scheduling & Budgeting, Adobe Premiere, Adobe AfterEffects (plus Red Giant suite), Avid, ProTools.
- Social Media: WordPress, Instapage, MailChimp, Groups.IO, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, Instagram, Kickstarter, CrowdCast.
- Spoken: English (Native), French (Advanced Reading, Intermediate Speaking), Spanish (Basic).
- Programming: Java, MEL, OpenGL, HTML, CSS.