Folks that follow my blog may be aware that I and my two friends Mickey and Fred serve as Thematic Consultants on the Dresden Files graphic novel series. This past year, we assisted in the production of a prequel to the book series called Welcome to the Jungle.
Folks that love science fiction and fantasy may be familiar with the Hugo Awards, which many consider to be the most prestigious award given in that genre.
The 2009 Hugo Nominations were announced tonight. Among them:
Best Graphic Story
- The Dresden Files: Welcome to the Jungle Written by Jim Butcher, art by Ardian Syaf (Del Rey/Dabel Brothers Publishing)
- Girl Genius, Volume 8: Agatha Heterodyne and the Chapel of Bones Written by Kaja & Phil Foglio, art by Phil Foglio, colors by Cheyenne Wright (Airship Entertainment)
- Fables: War and Pieces Written by Bill Willingham, pencilled by Mark Buckingham, art by Steve Leialoha and Andrew Pepoy, color by Lee Loughridge, letters by Todd Klein (DC/Vertigo Comics)
- Schlock Mercenary: The Body Politic Story and art by Howard Tayler (The Tayler Corporation)
- Serenity: Better Days Written by Joss Whedon & Brett Matthews, art by Will Conrad, color by Michelle Madsen, cover by Jo Chen (Dark Horse Comics)
- Y: The Last Man, Volume 10: Whys and Wherefores Written/created by Brian K. Vaughan, penciled/created by Pia Guerra, inked by Jose Marzan, Jr. (DC/Vertigo Comics)
There is a land called Squeetopia, and I am its queen.