Stolen from Britt:
1. What does your first name mean?
Priscilla means “heiress”, or “spinster”. Thank you, mom and dad.
2. Your middle name, do you have one?
3. What does your middle name mean?
“My parents wanted a boy”.
Actually, I should be glad. They considered “Morris”, which would have given me permanent PMS. Now I’m just PNS, which is not very fun once you insert the proper vowels.
4. What about that last name?
Spencer, which I think derives from the French “dispenser”, meaning “to sell”. Vitalog.net says “English, designated a person who dispensed the provisions generally.” Go me.
5. So, if you were to put the meanings of all your names together, what would it say?
Spinster who should have been a boy that dispenses general provisions. Go me.
6. If you’d been born the opposite sex, what would your parents have named you?
Morris, after my grandfather, or Nelson, after my dad.