Gah, I fail at consistency. Sunday night (worked until 10:30), I just plain forgot to post, and Monday night, I worked until 1am and went to sleep immediately afterward. Tuesday night, I wrote most of this post, then decided to do laundry and watch Victor Victoria
instead. Let's see if I can compensate for the missed days today!
Sunday's happy things:
- I spent much of the day working on a caricaturish model of Beethoven. He looks kind of like a werewolf. Awesome!
- Experimented with using an exercise ball instead of a chair. Fun, but slowly energy-sapping. When I finally got home, it felt fantastic to sprawl on my futon at the end of a long day's sitting!
- Learned that Terrence Mann will be in the Broadway musical of The Addams Family. Yes, please!
- Awesome movies were playing in the lounge area all day, so I got to watch a little bit of the original Star Wars as I ate lunch and part of Some Like it Hot during dinner. Saw a few minutes of Evil Dead II while making tea and giggled like a loon.
- Speaking of dinner, Liz and I (having worked all weekend, and having eaten ridiculously healthily since Friday's food coma-inducing lunch) decided to spoil ourselves rotten and ordered a sumptuous feast from Serafina! We shared a raspberry, tangerine, and Nutella crepe and a slice of NY cheesecake. The prosciutto, tomato, and fontina focaccia pizza was almost an afterthought. I love Seamless Web.
Monday's happy things:
- During lunch and dinner, I watched bits of His Girl Friday, at the recommendation of my favourite Penn professor. T'was awesome!
- A number of friends kept me company online as I slaved away. My friends are awesome.
- Matt, Craig, and I conspired about conspire-y things! Mwahaha!
- Kat and I squeed about how we have only THREE DAYS until we will be reunited! Joy!
- I misunderstood a coworker's comment about the size of a Great Dane, hearing "30 inches" as "30 hamwiches." I then made a sleep deprivation-inspired comment on my Twitter about how dogs should measured by a hamwich scale, i.e. the number of hamwiches they can eat without getting sick. To my glee, my Twitter friends rallied magnificently in response, making me laugh when I so desperately wanted to rage at a particularly atrocious communication failure that wasted over three hours of my time.
Tuesday's happy things:
- I slept in until 9, performed morning ablutions at warp speed, ducked into the library to pick up the Locke Lamora sequel, and got to work by 10! I am like the Flash, only without the nickname synonymous with public indecency.
- We're doing a spot for a Russian ad agency, so we're making a bunch of Russian characters. I keep hearing James Marsters' fantastic read of Sanya's "Tiny. But fierce." in my head.
- I got to leave at 7! Well, 7:30.
- Did laundry! Am hygenic! Also watched Victor Victoria for the first time, and it was BRILLIANT. I need more classic comedies in my life.
- RPed with the FG folks. Molly got to take down a demon with a Chekovian glass dolphin paperweight! Don't mess with the Carpenter ladies, yo.