- Confirmed by JK Rowling
- Very confident in its accuracy
- Moderately confident in its accuracy
- Not very confident
- Confirmed false, but I felt like posting it anyway.
Umbridge, Dolores Jane - DADA teacher in Harry's 5th year.
- "Dolores" is a Spanish word meaning "pains"
- "Umbridge" is a homophone of "umbrage", (n) a feeling of pique or resentment at some often fancied slight or insult. Also "umbra", meaning shadow.
Unicorn - beautiful, horselike creatures.
- The unicorn is a legendary animal. It is usually portrayed as a slender, white horse with a spiraling horn on its forehead, although its appearance and behavior differs, depending on the location. In the west it was usually considered wild and untamable, while in the Orient it was peaceful, meek and thought to be the bringer of good luck. There it is usually depicted as a goat-like creature, with cloven hooves and a beard. In Japan it is called Kirin, and in China Ki-lin.
|Previous Letter||Names Index||Next Letter|