- Confirmed by JK Rowling
- Very confident in its accuracy
- Moderately confident in its accuracy
- Not very confident
- Confirmed false, but I felt like posting it anyway.
Quibbler, The - tabloid newspaper owned by Luna Lovegood's father
to bicker, or to evade the point of an argument by raising trivial objections to words.
Quidditch - popular wizard sport played on broomsticks
- Elvira points out that "Quidditch" is a combination of the three balls used in the game. (Qu)affle + Blu(d)ger + Sn(itch).
Quietus - Reverses "Sonorus" spell
- "Quiet" means "making little or no noise". The disturbing thing is that "quietus" in Latin means "death".
Quigley - player on the Irish Quidditch team
- Moran, Troy, and Quigley are all close friends of JK Rowling.
Quintaped - 5-legged, spiderlike creature
- "Quinta" (5) + "ped" (foot). Compare with "quadruped", which defines any animal with 4 legs.
Quirrel, Quirinus (Professor) - DADA teacher and servant to Lord Voldemort
- "Quirrel" is just one letter away from being "squirrel", and both share a twitchy and nervous sort of persona. Also, a "quarrel" is an arguement.
|Previous Letter||Names Index||Next Letter|